Since 1994, NJEA has conducted the PRIDE in Public Education campaign, a statewide effort to share the successes of public education with all New Jerseyans and build strong community support for and involvement in our public schools.
In recent years, The Mount Laurel Education Association has been extremely active in the PRIDE program and has received grants for many programs including this year's activities listed on this page. Pictures will follow as the events happen.
- Fall Festival – Members of the association meet and greet the community at the annual Mount Laurel Festival.
- Come Explore our STEM Class – This is an annual event held at the Mount Laurel Festival. Student volunteers will set up a display highlighting the 7th grade STEM class underwater robots. Community members will be taught how to pilot the robots.
- Adopt a Grandparent – Each child will be provided with an “adopted grandparent”. During visits “grandparent” and “grandchild” will participate in activities to build a lasting relationship in activities to build a lasting relationship.
- Leadership Circle Flying W Airshow – Student participants will attend the Flying W Airshow as guests of Dr. Eugene Richardson.
- Author, Author – Seventh grade students will write an essay. A compilation of the students’ essays will be published and then presented at an event called Author, Author.
- Countryside’s Third Grade Author’s Program – Third grade students write fiction and non-fiction stories which are published in both hard-covered books, and eBook versions. These books are presented to the public at an event called Author’s Night.
- Fleetwood Fun Run – “Running events” consist of a diaper derby for babies, a tot-run for preschool, the mile run, and the annual 5K.
- Science Day – Students and community members will attend a science event, where they will see science in action.